Monday, May 26, 2014

It's the freakin' weekend


This weekend was a good one.  One of those weekends where nothing major happened; it was just good. Fell asleep smiling, woke up smiling; good.  I went home to visit my parents and he went off to NYC to assist with a music video.  I missed him, of course.  But sometimes it’s nice to have a girls day with my mom and best friend and walk the dogs with just my Dad.  My parents renovated their kitchen and did some updates in the dining room and living room.  I went home to help my mom put everything back together.  She cleaned up the renovation dust and I of course organized and made things pretty.  We stayed up late drinking wine and talking – a little bit about the wedding, but mostly just stories and little things.   
Saturday was absolutely gorgeous – 70′s and sunny with a light breeze.  My favorite weather.  We spent the afternoon getting Miche fitted for her bridesmaids dress, going out for lunch, antiquing, enjoying our first ice cream cone of the season, and going to my first wedding dress fitting.  It feels so odd wearing a wedding dress; don’t get me wrong it’s exciting and I love it but seriously how am I wearing a wedding dress? I’m like 20 still, right?  It’s very…surreal for a lack of a better term.  Pretty excited to marry him in it.  
After a fun trip home with the pup listening to old mix CDS (remember when All American Rejects were cool!…no?) he and I were finally back together.  We could barely keep our eyes open. He talked a little bit about his weekend in NYC, which included a lot of video time lapses, photos, and very little sleep –  he loved it.  It’s so nice to go away and enjoy our own things, but even better to come home to each other and pass out watching Jumangi.
xoxo
Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment