Friday, May 30, 2014

Thoughts


I went for a walk around this gorgeous neighborhood near work today. My poor eyes needed a break from the computer screen, my lungs needed fresh air, and my skin needed some vitamin D. My walk was peaceful – no traffic noise, no ear buds. Just the sounds of nature and my heart beating. I feel unsettled today. Not totally present.
Today has me yearning for bare feet, running through the tall grass, climbing big birch trees in grams front yard, games of wiffleball, reading in the shade, tomato sandwiches at the beach, salty air, big hugs, bikes rides into town for candy and ice cream, bonfires and s’mores, closing exhausted lids and dreaming under the stars.
Lately I’ve felt incredibly nostalgic. I’m missing my youth and the carefree joy that went with it. I’m missing those important people that are no longer here with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment