Thursday, June 5, 2014

Little Letters: Jenny, Pizza, and Pants


Dear Jenny Lewis -
You made my dreams come true last night by playing at the State Theater.   Your set was unreal.  Your voice is pure magic and you are such a badass.  I love you. 
Dear Rain –
I’m not even mad that you made an appearance today. Mostly because I’m working and I’m selfish. I don’t want others to play in the sun if I can’t. Also, be a love and stay away this weekend. Please & Thank you.
Dear Bridal Shower –
I’m 50% excited for you and 50% feeling really awkward about you. Is it just me or is it weird to have dozens of people watch you open presents…presents that you demanded via a registry… don’t even get me started on how awkward I feel about registries. I hope there’s champagne and cupcakes and lots of hugs.
Dear Office –
Stop being so quiet. I’d like to eat my bagel chips in the comfort of my own cubicle and not have every one listen to me loudly chew.  P.s. I’d like my own office…with a window…DREAM BIG! 
Dear Grey Pants –
I regret wearing you today. You make me look frumpy and boring.
Dear Bright Green Pants –
I’m sorry I neglected you today. I’ll see you tomorrow.
Dear Mel –
Get on that plane faster! Nashville has no business keeping you any longer. You are mine for a full 72 hours starting Friday.
Dear Pizza –
I want to eat you tonight. But alas, we are broke so scrambled eggs and toast it is.
Dear Nose –
I’m sorry I burned you this weekend and now you’re peeling. You look creepy.  (Note to self: wear more sunscreen. this is not a good look)
Dear Andi –
You have horrible taste in men and if I wasn’t obsessed with reality TV I would ban The Bachelorette from my weekly routine. Also, please change my mind about you…pick one of the dorky men and not the “former pro baseball player” who thinks he’s the shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment