Friday, June 20, 2014

Sweet Sweet Summertime

Can I just say that summertime is my favorite time. well, maybe. I don't know...I LOVE fall. do I have to choose? summertime is my favorite right now (and when it's fall, that will be my favorite). I've never been good at making decisions. Anywho! Last night was one of those nights. Those perfect summer nights. Because nothing particularly special happened. And summertime is the only time where unspecial nights feel magical anyway. I got home from work, we made grilled cheese (on the panini press because they're sooo much better that way) and watched a movie on netflix. Then we walked a few blocks to the cutest little grocery store, Rosemont. We got peligrino's, a delicious 1/2 & 1/2 cupcake cookie thing, and an almond croissant. We took the long way home, stopped at the Eastern Prom, and sat in the grass drinking, eating, and squealing at how cute all the dogs were (ok, that last part was only me.) I may have been shivering a bit (the ocean breeze was chilly, and maybe I'm a baby, ok!?) but it was fine because he is always warm and put his arm around me. After awhile we slowly got up and trekked home. We grabbed the pup and sat on the stoop outside our apartment while the sun went down. She played, grazed (that's what I call it cuz she looks like a little cow eating grass), and intently stared at all people and noises. I pretended to be Kate from Titantic on the concrete slab on our stairs; with my arms out to my sides and everything, singing my heart will gone, and drew telling me I'm crazy; but I know he really liked it. Then, we did our lame nightly routine (packing lunch for work the next day will be the death of me!) and cuddled up in bed with the windows wide open, ocean breeze coming through, and Friday Night Lights on in the background. Perfect. Summertime. *the pictures with this post are from last week. i don't have pictures from last night because it was too good to stop and take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment