Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sundays forever








we have officially deemed Sundays as our "date days". Since Fridays are saved for crashing at home after a long week with nights out with friends Netflix and wine at home, and he works on Saturdays; Sundays it is…our day to do whatever the heck we want!  Last Sunday we went to Boothbay Harbor and this Sunday he surprised me with a ferry ride out to Long Island!

The ferry took about 45 minutes. Is it weird that it might have been my favorite part? Something about being on a boat, with the fresh ocean air, and sunshine is just so good. The pastries and peaches I picked up at Rosemont made the ride pretty freakin' good too. ugh delicious. The only downside was this awkward middle schooler who kept photobombing my pictures. It was cute the first time, but got old...quick. where's your mom anyway, kid?! punk. First stop when we got to the island?  the general store (the only grocery store on the island) for some gatorade and expired gum & blow pops! Next? Explore!  Their beach was heaven. Unlike our beaches, it was quiet and peaceful. There were less than a dozen others there. It felt like we had the place to ourselves. Naturally, he started scoping out shots and clicking away with his camera. I pretended to want to take pictures for a moment, but really I was on the hunt for crabs and other sea life in the rocks. I can't help it. I like to play. I know, I know. I should be practicing & learning how to fully use my DSLR but...ANIMALS! NATURE! NO SHOES! OH MY!  We layed on the beach for a bit and then walked around the rest of the island before catching the ferry home. Long Island is beautiful, but had a bit of that creepy islandy vibe..like..a mystery thriller TV show, where someone turns up dead and the nice sheriff questions everyone and seems so concerned but you find out the nice sheriff is really the murderer and there's no one to turn to and the ferry is unexplainably out of service and you're stuck there so you just run. You still with me? Harper's Island anyone? No? Just when I thought we could be friends. 

The ride back home was nice, but chilly. good thing I like to cuddle. we people watched and laughed and kissed. We hit up Flatbread Co. for the best veggie pizza (mushroom medley, goat cheese, mozzarellla, parmesean, and green onions. drooling just thinking about it) beer, and coffee (to warm me back up). God, that place is amazing. best pizza, fresh salad, and awesome vibe. We walked around the Old Port, window shopped, and walked back up the hill. Then date day took a turn for the worse. And by worse I mean I'm a huge baby and had a really bad sunburn and stomach ache so I complained about having to go get groceries with him and then I cried because riley scratched my sunburnt legs. ughhh I can be so lame. but it's okay because he was so kind and put ice on my burn and kissed my forehead and only made fun of me a little bit. Sunday success!

No comments:

Post a Comment